- 1½ – 2 pounds beef stew cubes, well-trimmed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup sliced white onion
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 (10.75-oz.) cans no salt, low sodium or homemade cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (12-oz.) package of egg noodles (cooked according to package directions on the stove-top)
- 2 cups frozen peas
1. Add the beef to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Sprinkle over the pepper, oregano, onions, and mushrooms. Spread over the cream of mushroom soup.
2. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
3. Towards the end of the cooking time, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain.
4. Add the cooked noodles on top of the meat and sauce in the slow cooker. Add the peas. Stir until everything is combined.
Tip: This can be freezer meal friendly! Add the raw beef, seasonings, onions, mushrooms and soup into a freezer gallon plastic bag. Squeeze out excess air.
Freeze for up to a month. They day before you are ready to cook this thaw out the freezer bag in the fridge.
Add the contents of the bag to the slow cooker and continue with the above recipe.
Recipe from Cooktop Cove, converted to low sodium.