- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 4 skinless chicken thighs
- 4 skinless drumsticks
- 1 tbsp no salt chili powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 16 oz low sodium salsa (homemade recipe in files) or Trader Joe’s Fire roasted salsa
- ½ cup no salt added ketchup
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp corn starch & 2 tbsp water
Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray.
Place green peppers, onion and chicken into the dish.
Sprinkle chili powder and oregano evenly over the chicken.
Pour the salsa over all.
Cover with a lid or foil and bake for about 45 minutes in a 375° oven and chicken is tender.
Remove chicken to a bowl and keep warm.
Stir ketchup and cumin into the cooking liquid and cook uncovered until all is cooked and well blended.
Mix the cornstarch and water together in a cup and add to the cooking liquid, cook until it thickens.
Add chicken back into the sauce and heat through.
Serve with noodles or rice.