|Total sodium per serving:|
99mg (without the cheese)
|Total calories per serving:|
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 32oz No sodium added beef broth
- 1 (14.5) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28oz can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 (8oz) can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can omit)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package prepared noodles such as shells or whole lasagna noodles broken into tiny bite sized pieces
- Shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
In a large soup pot, brown the beef with onion, green bell pepper, and garlic.
Add beef broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings.
Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the prepared noodles to the soup
When ready to serve, ladle into a bowl and top with shredded parmesan cheese.