|Total sodium per serving:|
|Total calories per serving:|
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup no salt ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 c. broccoli florets
- Hot cooked rice
Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth.
Stir in the vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger; and garlic powder- set aside.
In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry the chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
Stir-fry the carrots in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add green pepper; and broccoli. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add chicken and pineapple.
Stir pineapple juice mixture; pour into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the tomato wedges. Serve with rice.